Okey Dokey Childhood Therapy is an established private practice located in Melbourne’s outer east. The vision for Okey Dokey is to provide expert psychology, speech pathology and occupational therapy to children and adolescents in a supportive and family friendly environment. We are proudly Neurodiversity Affirming and approach therapy in a trauma-informed and person-centred way.
Okey Dokey team members ensure they engage with all clients in line with our key values: Authenticity, Acceptance, Kindness, Professionalism, Collaboration.
You are passionate about supporting children and families to heal, grow and flourish, and:
- are an experienced Occupational Therapist (3 – 4+ years clinical experience) who has obtained registration through AHPRA and is eligible for Medicare rebates.
- are a responsible, ethical and self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and enjoys connecting with colleagues and other team members to share and learn.
- have a passion for the work you do, experience working with children and adolescents and share our philosophy of neurodiversity affirming practice.
- exhibit strong leadership qualities and can balance a dual workload of administration and clinical work to support your team.
- have strong verbal and written communication skills and value professional development and education within a collaborative working environment.
- as a leader, you have a passion to support, encourage and guide your team to be successful in delivering quality therapeutic supports to our families.
About the Occupational Therapy Team Leader Role
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clinical staff and providing mentorship as they establish themselves at the practice.
- Facilitating individual and group supervision to our team of occupational therapists.
- Supporting the occupational therapy team with enquires, questions and feedback.
- Navigating a caseload of administration responsibilities including resource budgets and test management.
- Balancing their team leader role with a reduced case load of clinical intervention.
- Assisting with business development, ensuring that Okey Dokey and the occupational therapy team continue to provide valuable care to our families.
- Support the management team at Okey Dokey through involvement in performance reviews and management meetings.
What can you expect from working at Okey Dokey
- A great opportunity to step into private practice as an employee in a supportive team based environment.
- Structured case load, tailored to ensure a good work life balance.
- Being a permanent employee means you’ll have the security of being paid regardless of cancellations, and receive full leave entitlements and superannuation.
- A guaranteed pay increase each year.
- You’ll be joining a wonderful group of professionals from various allied health backgrounds.
- Full administrative support provided. The administration team will organise and manage all bookings, payments and general client queries.
- Individual and group supervision provided on a fortnightly or monthly basis (including multi-discipline group supervision).
- Your own allocated therapy room – stocked with various resources to provide support to clients.
- Access to a library of shared resources (assessments, books, toys etc).
- All clinical staff are encouraged and supported to attend professional development opportunities throughout the year including in-house training opportunities and receive an individual PD budget.
- Excellent communication with peers and Management, encouraged through frequent team meetings.
- Annual performance review meetings to reflect on personal and employment goals.
- Located 8 minutes from the Eastern freeway with ample parking for all staff.
- Excellent remuneration.
- Extensive and loyal referral base already established.
- In room appointments only – no outreach required.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.