Okey Dokey Childhood Therapy is a large multidisciplinary private practice located in Bayswater in Melbourne, providing exceptional psychology and occupational therapy services in a trauma informed, child centred, and neurodiversity affirming way to children and their families. It is led by Raelene Dundon, an Educational and Developmental Psychologist with over 20 years experience in paediatrics, a well known author of many books related to Autism, and a lecturer in Child Play Therapy at Deakin University.
Okey Dokey Childhood Therapy is proudly Neurodiversity Affirming with individualised approaches and therapies tailored around accepting individual clients for who they are.
What you can expect from working at Okey Dokey:
- When you start with us, we will match you with a dedicated buddy to support you to settle in and thrive in your role.
- You will be supported with regular supervision provided at no cost.
- You’ll have your own dedicated therapy room, stocked with many resources to provide support to clients.
- You will have a managed caseload with a maximum of 5 clients a day (for a good work life balance), booked by the reception team.
- You’ll have the security of being paid regardless of cancellations.
- You will have a pay increase guaranteed every year.
- You will have a PD budget of $1000 a year to spend on any external PD you’re interested in.
- You will also receive access to regular internal PD at no cost.
You are passionate about supporting children and families to heal, grow and flourish, and:
- are an experienced Occupational Therapist (4+ years clinical experience) who has obtained registration through AHPRA and is eligible for Medicare rebates.
- want to be at the forefront of innovative and evidence based approaches to supporting the neurodivergent community.
- are able to work independently while also enjoy being part of a team and connecting with colleagues to share knowledge and learn.
- value professional development and education within a collaborative working environment.
- are seeking a full time position.
About the Occupational Therapy Team Leader Role
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clinical staff and providing mentorship as they establish themselves at the practice.
- Facilitating individual and group supervision to our team of occupational therapists.
- Supporting the occupational therapy team with enquires, questions and feedback.
- Navigating a caseload of administration responsibilities including resource budgets and test management.
- Balancing their team leader role with a reduced case load of clinical intervention.
- Assisting with business development, ensuring that Okey Dokey and the occupational therapy team continue to provide valuable care to our families.
- Support the management team at Okey Dokey through involvement in performance reviews and management meetings.
Okey Dokey team members ensure they engage with all clients in line with our key values: Authenticity, Acceptance, Kindness, Professionalism, Collaboration. We are also proudly Neurodiversity Affirming and approach therapy in a trauma-informed and child-centred way.
We provide excellent remuneration and a wonderful working environment so you can hit the ground running. The role is open to full time applicants. We are located just 8 minutes from Eastlink with ample free parking for all staff.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. Any advertised pay rate includes super, and will depend on level of experience.
To apply for this position, you can do so through this page or by emailing email@example.com.