Clients with NDIS funding may be eligible to use their NDIS plan to fund therapy supports at Okey Dokey.
Okey Dokey is not a registered NDIS provider
This means that only participants with Self Managed or Plan Managed NDIS plans can use NDIS to cover the cost of their sessions.
Participants who have NDIA Managed funding (where the provider must claim the funds on your behalf) are required to access service with registered NDIS providers and cannot use NDIS funding to cover the cost of sessions at Okey Dokey.
Okey Dokey Complies with the NDIS Code of Conduct
Even though Okey Dokey is not a registered NDIS provider, we continue to ensure that all staff, procedures and policies follow and reflect the NDIS Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct promotes safe and ethical service delivery to all clients (particularly NDIS participants) by setting out the expectations for the conduct of both NDIS providers and their workers.
All Okey Dokey staff delivering supports to clients will:
- act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination, and decision-making in accordance with relevant laws and conventions
- respect the privacy of people with disability
- provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner with care and skill
- act with integrity, honesty, and transparency
- promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that might have an impact on the quality and safety of supports provided to people with disability
- take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence, exploitation, neglect, and abuse of people with disability
- take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct.
Okey Dokey Complies with the NDIS Practice Standards
Okey Dokey endeavours to meet all NDIS Practice Standards which specify the quality standards providers must meet to provide supports and services to NDIS participants. In addition to the NDIS Code of Conduct, the NDIS Practice Standards build NDIS participants’ awareness of what quality service provision they should expect from registered NDIS providers.
Okey Dokey ensures that all staff members have successfully passed a worker screening clearance check. This ensures that key personnel and workers do not pose an unacceptable risk to the safety and well being of all Okey Dokey clients.
All staff employed at Okey Dokey meet the following requirements (including but not limited to):
- Valid Working With Children Check
- Valid Police Check
- (If required) Evidence of continued registration with the valid governing body for their discipline.
Rights of Participants
Okey Dokey will continue to uphold the rights of people with disability, including the right to dignity and respect, and to live free from abuse, exploitation, and violence. This is in keeping with Australia’s commitment to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Okey Dokey will achieve this through:
- empowering people with disability to exercise choice and control in the support services they receive, while ensuring appropriate protections are in place
- building the capacity of people with disability, their families, and their carers to make informed decisions
- responding to and managing concerns and complaints
Using NDIS Funding
Important note: It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that they have appropriate and adequate funds available prior to attending any service at Okey Dokey. Clients will remain liable for any session costs where NDIS has declined to pay for any reason.
Please see below for more information on how you can use your NDIS funds at Okey Dokey.