Medicare Rebates and Payments
- You may be eligible for a rebate for assessment sessions through your Paediatrician under HCWA items (Helping Children with Autism) applied for the purpose of exploring an Autism Diagnosis. These items need to be unlocked prior to commencing the assessment to receive a rebate. Please consult your Paediatrician for eligibility and further information. If you do not have a HCWA plan all sessions will incur a full out of pocket cost. You may be entitled to a rebate for your feedback session utilising a Mental Health Care Plan or Chronic Disease Management Plan.
- If opting to utilise a Medicare plan to receive rebates at Okey Dokey, please ensure you understand the associated requirements of the plan to ensure eligibility for a rebate on the day of your appointment. Okey Dokey is unable to process Medicare plans which are date after the session has occurred.
- Private Health Insurance Extras may be used to cover assessment work depending on your cover – check with your insurer.
- An initial payment of $300 (in addition to any session cost) is required at the time of the intake appointment (or within the following week) to secure the scheduled assessment appointments at Okey Dokey.
- Okey Dokey cannot send assessment invoices to a third party for payment (such as NDIS Plan Managers) and payment of all invoices must be made in full atet time of each appointment. You may discuss the option for reimbursement directly with your third-party funding body. Okey Dokey cannot guarantee third party reimbursement or Medicare rebates and is not liable for rejected claims.
- It is a Medicare requirement, that the child must be present at the practice to be eligible for a Medicare rebate utilising a plan that is written in the child’s name. If there is any appointment where you choose to not have your child present (parent assessments/feedback sessions) you may opt to obtain your own Medicare plan prior to the appointment, if eligible.Alternatively, you may opt to find a family member or friend to supervise your child on site during these sessions.
- You agree to attend the assessment sessions as outlined by the clinician and understand that fees may be applied for cancellation or non-attendance.
- You understand that any additional questionnaires and forms provided by the clinician at intake, need to be returned to the clinician no later than 2 weeks prior to the assessment taking place to ensure that the assessment is completed in a timely manner.
- You understand that all assessment related invoices must be paid in full prior to the release of the assessment report at your feedback appointment.